Ascend aspires to be a globally trusted, innovative and professional provider of English language courses.
OUR EDUCATION MISSION
To inspire and empower our students to communicate with confidence.
OUR SHARED VALUES
- We value trust as the foundation of our interactions.
- We demonstrate care for our students, our staff and our environment.
- We embrace innovation in the delivery our courses.
- We maintain professionalism in everything we do.
- We pursue continuous improvement in order to serve our students better.
OUR CULTURE STATEMENT
A culture defines who we are. It sets forth aims and principles of a united group. Based on our shared values, we are committed to developing an open culture where both staff and students are treated with care, concern and respect in working together to build a successful English learning community. Our success is based on our shared values and commitment to building our centre for the future, on discovering creative and innovative ways of doing things, on improving the quality of our courses and the services we offer to our students, on building strong relationships with our students, and in striving to continuously improve everything we do. Continuous improvement demands a professional and positive can do-attitude from us all. A professional and positive attitude empowers and propels us towards realizing our vision.
We are committed to continuously improving the quality of our courses and services. Ascend defines quality in terms of three core dimensions: quality of staff, quality of materials and quality of learning environment. First, we define quality in terms of the professionalism of our staff, from our academic team to our marketing team. Second, we define quality in terms of utilizing the best learning materials and resources available. Third, we define quality in terms of our English learning environment with classes of no more than 15 students. These three aspects of quality provide the foundation of our education mission. Our commitment to quality is further defined and articulated through our core values of professionalism; partnership; respect and success.
QUALITY SERVICE TARGETS
- Resolve all complaints /disputes within 20 working days.
- Process Refund Requests within 7 days upon receipt of written request.
- Achieve a lecturer rating of at least 4 out of 5 consistently.
- Achieve an overall student satisfaction rating of at least 3.8 out of 5.
A BRIEF HISTORY
- Ascend started off as Ascendas Education Centre in February 2004 and offered specialised English Courses on the second floor of 470 North Bridge Road. There were two classrooms and one admin office.
- In June 2004 David Doyle and Gareth O’Brien purchased Ascendas Education Centre from its previous owners and created the brand name Ascendas – The English Professionals. Ascendas started off by outsourcing its English language teaching services to other educational institutions working with Hartford Institute of Management, Shelton College, Singapore Accountancy Academy and James Cook University, among others.
- In 2006, Ascendas Education Centre was officially renamed Ascend Education Centre and started recruiting foreign students on student passes.
- By 2009 Ascend had on average 100 foreign students studying at any point in time. Ascend also started offering part-time classes, as well as corporate and tuition services.
- In March 2010, the centre relocated to its current bespoke premises on the first and fifth floors of 19 Carpenter St with a capacity for 165 full-time students. There are 6 classrooms on the first floor and a language lab on the 5th.
- By 2012, Ascend had an average 130 full-time students and 130 part-time students with a full-time staff of seventeen and a part-time staff of eight.
- In June 2012, Ascend Eductaion Centre recieved the provisional EduTrust Certificate.